What do Mormons Believe?
So what do Mormons believe? Below you can find some of the most basic doctrines of the Mormon church. They are fundamental to our faith and help us through our perilous journey here on this earth.
- God is our Heavenly Father. He loves us very much and He desires that we return to to him.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is the Savior of the world. He saves us from death by overcoming it through the Resurrection.
- Because of what Jesus Christ did for each one of us, we can return to live with God if we obey His commandments.
- The Bible and the Book of Mormon are the word of God.
- The Holy Ghost is real and He can help us to recognize truth when we find it.
- The first principles and ordinances of the gospel are faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- The Church of Jesus Christ, which existed here on the earth in ancient times, has been restored to the earth through a prophet.
- The priesthood authority of God necessary to act in the name of God and to perform church ordinances exists in His Church today, just as it did in the original Church.
- God reveals His will to prophets today, just as He did anciently.
- Each one of us has a special purpose on this earth.
- Families can be together forever.
- By serving others, we become more like Jesus Christ and come closer to God.